Sunday, September 2, 2012

And 'Charitable Giving a good investment?


Tis the season to give and we've all heard the phrase:'' It 's better to give than receive.'' We believe that each of us sincerely accept this axiom to be true, because you would rather be a position of surplus, compared to a position of need. However, charitable organizations of all kinds continue to report declining donations and, worse, a serious decline in basic donation.

My grandmother Sonia from Russia, has taught me charity when I was 9 or 10 years and I've seen putting his money in this interesting looking container. He had a blue tin box in his kitchen and every day he would put in the box some change or a dollar or whatever was not needed to buy groceries that week. Family and friends who came to visit, would also contribute a dollar or a little 'changes its blue box that says Jewish charity on it. Last Friday, before sunset, a rabbi or one of its rabbinical students appear to door to collect the box. On asking if he knew he was receiving the money that she and others put in their blue box, she said that money would find its way to those who need it as a Rabbi and a few others knew who they were or pass it on to others, who knew that people or groups of people who would better benefit from that week.

Mama Sonia told me that all the Jewish homes had a charity box and it was equally important to deposit the money in the blue box as it was to deposit the money for themselves in the bank around the corner. He said that was an investment in humanity, society, and to make the world a more harmonious. Mama Sonia told me that there were two types of people, those who religiously gave to charity and those who wanted to could. They count and her husband Jack as Blessed, as they have been counted among those who were able to share a piece of their fortune with those less fortunate.

There is another expression that we have all heard'' Charity begins at home'' Now I believe that this phrase was taken well out of context from its original meaning. I think to say that every house should have a tin blue, like my grandmother and that we invest in that box a few shekels each day in front of your children and grandchildren in order to convey the important lesson of giving. What is the significance? I think the importance of being multi-faceted. First, is for the benefit of the less fortunate. Secondly, is to help bring people into the spirit of giving, both to help find a cure for a terrible disease, fund the arts or to promote a greater culture, etc. Third, is to get closer to wisdom divine. Regardless of the particular book that we pray to or from the name of God, to whom we pray, doing acts of kindness, not required for persons known or unknown, brings us all closer to understanding what our purpose is human and perhaps a little 'closer to solve the mystery of life and the challenges we face together as a race.

Charity, acts of kindness, charity, giving your time to a cause, accepting a request for help, volunteering, donating money or anything of value such as your blood, organs or bone marrow, etc., these are all investments materials. We are making an investment in humanity for the good of your soul. This type of investment has nothing to do with organized religion. I would not call myself a religious man, I would call'' connected'' I feel connected to my faith and commitment to always do my best in everything I do, where good simply -. It is not! I feel connected to a story of people who have given themselves to the improvement of others. Generations ago, my ancestors, left everything behind to come to this young country for a better life. Our founding fathers risked their lives, the lives of their families and their fortunes to resist the status quo to create the United States of America, the most shining example of courage, glory, compassion and leadership on a global scale. I feel personally connected to these people and these events as they are born with the responsibility to do my part, my part to ensure that the legacy continues and thrives on me for my children and their children's children too. All we have to make investments in our future, for the future in general, so that America and The American Way of Life lasts. I believe a good part of this investment comes in the form of charitable giving, arguing that the causes that you deem worthy, while demonstrating to educate your children and the need and extent of such investment commitment universal.

Although it is not my intention to compose a sermon when I sat down to write, I just wanted to pass this thought after I'm famous for saying,'' I do not want to say on my tombstone when I die Here lies Mark Charnet. The only thing left behind was a full-up septic tank!'' For a lot of people who have come and gone, you could also say this. What have they done to make an impact for the betterment of society or the other peoples of the world? The financial adviser is hoping that there are in your personal portfolio of a multi-generational investment, leaving behind a better world than the one you entered, for your children and for the rest of us. I hope you feel'' connected'' to this cause, which can be achieved by an investment of any size, at any time, in any case which he feels will bring us closer to a world of peace, harmony, health and happiness.

I am committed to this endeavor and I hope you will join me with your investment of a few shekels every week in your box, to be delivered regularly to your choice of philanthropic causes, to perpetuate and promote this great sport. You might also want to cut this article from the paper and copy it for distribution to others who they feel will benefit from its message. If you want to learn to give your donations after death, so that the donation may continue long after you're gone, please call our office, as we have specialized in this type of estate planning and able to demonstrate techniques economical for you to give in perpetuity to causes and charities that hold most dear ....

No comments:

Post a Comment