Monday, September 3, 2012

The incredible profits - The Power of Good Customer Service


If owning my own business has taught me one thing is this: "The customer is always right, even when she's wrong." When I started in sales I remember a handful of times where I would argue with a prospect, tell a customer that he or she did not have their facts straight, or get a perspective on air vapor the same objection to the fiftieth time. I took these serious issues, and my sales suffered. Zig Ziglar has called sales "Proud Profession," but be proud of your profession and let your pride get in the way are two completely different things.

I am writing this article because the last two weeks have been in three situations across the counter, where I was the customer, and I was treated rudely on three separate occasions. Maybe I'm all to blame, but I seriously doubt it. In the final analysis will be those companies that lose, the office of a veterinarian, a satellite company, and a Custom Shop car customization. All local businesses, which gave me terrible customer service, therefore, the companies I will never recommend to any friends or work colleagues. And those I'll talk to anyone who wants to listen.

All this could have been avoided if these businesses remembered the golden rule of customer service: "The customer is always right." Say your company has failed to reveal a key point of a sale, a point that eventually will cost the customer (me) an extra $ 200. Or say an appointment time that was done for your customers dog had a tumor removed from her foot was forgotten by him, or your secretary. This confusion causes the customer to come to the office at the wrong time on a busy day for your business. And the Secretary proceeds to yell at him for not being on time. Or suppose your company ordered the wrong camper shell for a pick-up. At installation, in order to obtain the door to close, the installation program, rather than to realize that the shell was wrong and to order a new grinding the shell brand-new to adapt to the floor? I blame my client for any of these things? Absolutely not, right? Well in each of these cases I was the guy who was indicted in the case of the camper shell they tried to convince me that it was the right cup, even though it was hung above the bed of my truck by an inch!

Give your customers what they really want: respect. As long as you ultimately make it easier and convenient for the customer to do business with you will continue coming back to you, even if you fail once or twice. What is the lifetime value of a customer in your business? For many companies is the price of first sale less the profits lost due to that person to tell his friends so that your service sucks or the company. Companies that struggle tend to have the worst customer service, companies that succeed the best. Which side of the fence your business sit? ......

No comments:

Post a Comment