Monday, August 13, 2012

Using Google AdWords to increase profits by Adsense


I had been with the program Google Adsense to generate some revenue for my various websites. Prior to Adsense, I was never previously paid to run these and did so for a hobby. Overall I was pleased with the income it was generating. The only drawback was that I was always looking for ways to get people to my sites. I enjoyed working to bring more visitors, but I felt that if I looked at my gains against the hours I worked, the economy is not doing so.

Then I realized that some sites have been paying more than the minimum .05 cents per click. I thought if I could get pay visitors .05 - .10 to visit. Then if you click enough ads that paid much more than I paid, then Adwords could be an effective way to increase traffic to my sites.

So I paid my $ 5.00 setup fee and added my two most profitable sites. The same day my traffic jumped dramatically and as I thought. Visitors who came in via Adwords were more likely to click other Google ads on my site. My conversions went up and I thought why not put all my sites on Adwords.

This was the place where a little 'careful search was necessary. I discovered that some sites I run had adwords sponsors who were only candidate to a minimum. Remember the concept was to offer less to advertisers on my sites. While traffic to the stars, my expenses for some sites seem to exceed any benefits. When my reports came in it was clear that I needed to use Adwords for sites that have characterized the advertisers bid high. This creates room for visitors coming in via paid ads but do not click to my own sponsored ads.

The exception would be if my site was offering a product or service. Then it would be worth sticking with Adwords on those sites just to get traffic to buy more. Because my sites are purely informational I had to watch carefully to ensure I was putting money into Adwords, where he was working for me. In some cases I raised my bid on some keywords that were clearly bringing in steady traffic that converted well.

Google's new offering called Websense may change this a bit '. By allowing you to put Google search form to your site and then paying if your visitors search your site and click other sponsored links that may make those underperforming sites profitable again. Time and further research will tell.

The moral of the story is that Adwords is a great way to dramatically increase your profits when using Adsense. Care must be taken to see that you are putting your money where it is most effective .......

No comments:

Post a Comment